5 Reasons to Incorporate a Managed IT Services Provider into Your IT Strategy
One common misconception that business owners seem to have about hiring managed service providers like BlackPoint, is that they cannot co-exist with their current internal IT department. Though it is true that some organizations do rely 100% on an MSP for their IT infrastructure and support, others do a combination of MSP and internal. The truth is MSPs can be utilized as an IT partner that fills in the support gaps and executes high level projects and strategy in concert with an already functioning internal IT department. This collaborative arrangement serves to provide a business with many benefits.
1. A Managed IT Services Provider helps fill in the gaps: Many internal IT departments consist of only a few generalized IT personnel. This puts pressure on those individuals to have a wide range of knowledge for all technical processes from expertise in simple installs and troubleshooting tasks to complex Backup and Disaster Recovery and Cloud Solutions. By partnering with an MSP your business gains a team of specialized personnel, helping to fill in the gaps where your current technicians lack. For example, maybe your company has a highly qualified security specialist but your help desk falls short. An IT provider or IT consulting company can assist your business by providing a team of skilled help desk technicians.
2. An MSP reduces downtime: Although one person can accomplish a lot, there is an ever growing list of tasks an IT engineer must accomplish in one day. Tier 1 help desk support tasks like trouble shooting and patching can take up all of their time. Thankfully, an MSP can supplement your current department by handling these repetitive, time consuming tasks. IT solution providers like BlackPoint can also spend time targeting the root of the problems on a proactive basis, instead of reacting when disaster strikes. Examples of disasters include ransomware, security breaches, natural disasters destroying servers, etc.
3. An IT consulting firm creates a scaleable environment: As your business grows, an IT Provider can help combat the increasing demands on your IT infrastructure that challenge your current internal IT staff. This way, the MSP can improve your existing technologies while giving your business access to additional resources and technology features your company doesn't currently have. The best part is that an MSP is consistent and transparent - no need to waste time and money training a brand new IT employee.
4. An MSP takes on the responsibility: AnMSP is responsible for the items they manage. So if there is a product defect in one of your hardware products, a managed IT services provider will replace it or fix it, no questions asked. Here at BlackPoint, we pride ourselves on our transparency, so our clients have visibility into 100% of their IT infrastructure at all times. We also ensure that your IT is managed efficiently by qualified technical professionals using best practices and the most up-to-date tools and methods.
5. An MSP helps free up internal staff: Your internal IT personnel know your business best. By hiring third party experts, you free them up to become a strategic part of your company's growth. This gives your internal team more time to spend optimizing your infrastructure, and researching new technologies to help you gain a competitive advantage.
TO REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION WITH A BLACKPOINT CONSULTANT, YOU CAN SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT OR CALL (866) 575-9512.